Friday, October 4, 2013

Last weekend


This past weekend I started off my weekend by going to the state fair as a field trip with my work, I work at a group home with handicap people. I love taking them on outings so I figured what better than the state fair for them to have a great time.  Some of my patients haven’t ever been to a fair, so the excitement on their face on the way there just brought a smile to my face. We arrive at the fair and the first thing they wanted to do is look at the animals, they enjoyed seeing horses, cows, chickens and pigs. After seeing the animals we made our way toward all the vendors for food, there was so much fried food which they never get to eat so of course I bought them all a corn dog and a sweet tea! Following after eating we watched a circus show at the fair and they were just amazed at the animals doing tricks and the guy juggling things in the air. I absolutely love my job; I truly enjoy bringing joy and excitement to their day! To end the night at the fair we went on the Ferris wheel and when we got to the very top they all screamed on the top of their lungs out of excitement! Saturday I went to Chester fest which is a festival with vendor stands of local businesses and great food! Sunday night I went to Busch Gardens with my friends for the Hollow scream; scary festivities. I wore a bright orange hoodie which was probably a bad idea because I was chased so many times by the people in the scary masks! It was thrilling and very scary but I enjoyed spending a day with my friends since I work a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment